Requirements for Continuing Education Credits
ASHA CEUs or professional development hours (PDHs) can be earned by registered conference participants only. To earn credit, report
your CEU activities using the online ASHA Learning Center
. We encourage you to report your activities after each session; however, all activities must be reported no later than 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday, May 20, 2013
Qualifying CEU Activities
The following activities qualify for CEUs:
- Recorded sessions (available any time)
- Live chats (text-style) with presenters (see the Calendar for prescheduled times)
CEU credits are earned for sessions and chats that are attended in full. Credit is not awarded for chats that are partially attended.
During this conference, you can earn a maximum of 26 PDHs or 2.6 ASHA CEUs. This number is determined by the amount of time it takes to complete all of the CEU-qualifying activities. Each chat is one hour (60 minutes); each recorded session lists its respective length.
The following conference activities DO NOT count for CEUs or PDHs:
- Informal "quick chats"
- Open Discussion posts
- Supplemental references and web links
- Reading transcripts of live text-style chats
We encourage you to report your activities after each session, but you may enter all your activities at once if you prefer. Remember, activities must be reported no later than 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday, May 20, 2013.
Reporting your sessions:
- For lectures, select "Recorded Sessions" from the "Types" search option
- For scheduled chats with presenters, select "Live Chats" from the "Types" search option or search by date
- Sessions may not be entered prior to completion
- The ASHA Learning Center keeps a running total of the activities you have entered, allowing you to track the number of hours accrued
- You may return to and modify your report as many times as you like during the conference
- To see a summary of your reported sessions, select “Review and Confirm”
Finalizing and closing your record:
- After entering all your activities for the entire conference, select "Finalize Record"
- You will be prompted to enter three things you learned during the conference; to earn credit, you must provide three things
- Finally, select "Confirm & Finalize," which closes your record (you will not be able to make changes or additions after this step)
Remember: You must “Confirm & Finalize” your record no later than 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time, Monday, May 20, 2013.
PDHs, ASHA CEUs, and the ASHA CE Registry
ASHA CEUs are awarded through the ASHA Continuing Education Registry only and require payment of an annual fee. The ASHA CE Registry is open to ASHA/NSSLHA members, those who are ASHA certified, and other eligible individuals. See the Continuing Education section of the ASHA web site for more information on the CE Registry.
After “Confirming and Finalizing” your record in the ASHA Learning Center, you may print a report of the sessions you claimed for credit. The report details the total number of PDHs you earned during the conference and the corresponding number of ASHA CEUs. If you do not join the ASHA CE Registry, you may wish to keep this report for your records as it may be useful for certification maintenance or other purposes.
Conference completions will be reported to the ASHA CE Registry no later than June 10, 2013.
After the conference officially ends on May 20, you may access the site as an archive only—not for CEUs—until 11:59 p.m. Eastern Time, June 3, 2013.
ASHA Professional Development